Also referred to as roquette, rucola or rocket salad, our Organic Roquette Arugula seeds grow into a tasty, old-world salad green.
A cool season crop, rocket arugula produces an abundance of tangy, peppery, scalloped leaves.
- Flavor: Tangy, peppery.
- Preparation Ideas: Use young leaves in fresh salads for a pungent taste.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 1.5
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 5-8 Days
- Days to Maturity: 35 Days
- Planting Depth: .5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Organic Roquette Arugula seeds roughly 9" apart in rows.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: Sow Organic Roquette Arugula seeds directly outdoors as early in the spring as possible and again in late summer for a fall harvest. Rapid, steady-growing plants have the best flavor. Harvest entire plants before flowers form.
Suggestions: If slugs chew plant leaves, bury a pie tin or small can in the garden so that the rim is at ground level. Fill with stale beer to attract slugs. Check every morning and remove the contents. Refill at night when slugs are active.